Pages

Thursday 19 December 2013

Poet of the Month 012: CLEMENTINE VON RADICS


CLEMENTINE VON RADICS
2013







 
 
[2 Untitled Poems]





 

 

I stopped going to therapy
because I knew my therapist was right
and I wanted to keep being wrong.
I wanted to keep my bad habits
like charms on a bracelet.
I did not want to be brave.
I think I like my brain best
in a bar fight with my heart.
I think I like myself a little broken.
I’m ok if that makes me less loved.
I like poetry better than therapy anyway.
The poems never judge me
for healing wrong.


 

                                                                                                                                                                                                                                        



*
 
 




Because this is the only way to change.
To want. To ask.
To be an unlocked house
in a neighborhood of robbers.
Palms open, Arms extended. Voice unshaking.
Broadening yourself like a target to say
"Aim. Shoot. I am ready.
I invite hope in
I know failure may follow."


 

 
 
 
 
Published online 2013
 
© 2013 by clementinevonradics

                                                                                                                    

                                         
 



 

 

The following biographical statement appears on the poet's blog.  [It is re-posted here for recommendation purposes only and, like the poems, remains its author's exclusive copyright-protected intellectual property.]

 

Clementine von Radics likes reading palms and getting friendship tattoos. She drinks a lot of cheap red wine and all the women in her family are beautiful. She is the author of As Often As Miracles and a founder and collective member of Where Are You Press. She lives in Portland, Oregon.

 


A second volume of her poetry, titled Home, was published by the Where Are You Press on 14 December 2013.  Like As Often As Miracles, it can also be purchased direct from her website.  

 

Please take a few minutes to visit her blog and read some more of her truly remarkable work.  I guarantee you won't be disappointed.

 

  

 

 

 

Use the link below to visit the blog of North American poet and spoken word performance artist CLEMENTINE VON RADICS:

 

 

http://clementinevonradics.tumblr.com/

 

 

 

 

 

You might also enjoy:

 

 
Poet of the Month 032: JENNIFER DENROW

 

 

 
Poet of the Month 011: FATMA BEN MAHMOUD

 

 

 
Poet of the Month 007: ESTHER GRANEK

 

 

 

 

Last updated 18 March 2021  

 

No comments:

Post a Comment