Pages

Thursday 12 April 2018

The Write Advice 107: FELICIA MIHALI


There are so many writers, so many books that influenced me that I am afraid to start listing them.  I am sure I will leave out many of them, but let’s try.  I am fond of those unfinished books like Bouvard et Pécuchet (Flaubert), Dead Souls (Gogol), The Man Without Qualities (Robert Musil).  They are the closest to what I consider to be perfect books.  Luckily for us, the authors died before completing them, otherwise many of us should be ashamed of calling ourselves writers.  We can still hope to do something worthwhile one day.  What I like is when a book deals with more than a simple, soap-opera-like story, books made up of layers of magic, history, wisdom, mythology.

Québec Reads [date unspecified]


 

Use the link below to listen to an interview with Romanian-Canadian writer and translator FELICIA MIHALI:

 

https://www.crystalfletcher.com/blog/author-interview-felicia-mihali

 

 

You might also enjoy:

 
The Write Advice 037: GABRIELLE ROY

 
The Write Advice 077: ELIZABETH JANE HOWARD

 
The Write Advice 097: URSULA K LE GUIN

No comments:

Post a Comment